Monday, March 26, 2007

Lazure painting



I learned how to do lazure painting this weekend. Well, not totally, but did learn the 3 steps - base coat, color coat, and dry brushing -- and used them on my friend's front door entranceway. She was in the process of painting her living and dining room area, plus the entranceway. They already had done the dining area a shimmering yellow, and a friend painted the bottom area a blushing reddish while I was there. It really gave the dining room a very nice warm blush. Reminded me of Casablanca. (Very different from those stark white walls they had.) They were going to paint the livingroom blue, going to green, going to yellow, I think. When I talked with her last, they had started painting that, so we'll see how it comes out. If I can remember, I will take pictures and post them here later.

A friend who had learned lazure painting -- Jenny Meadows -- managed the enterprise. Here is a picture of her work. She is not a professional lazurist - just someone who enjoys painting with that technique.

No comments: