Monday, July 25, 2016

Hi everybody,

I'm going to attempt a lazure painting of my kitchen, so thought I'd start this blog back up.  I put it on hold for several years because it seemed overwhelming to do by myself, but I have decided to put myself into it, in a limited form - one wall in my kitchen, to see how I do.

Over the years, I spent time exhaustively studying and researching the process, rewriting notes from a workshop I took in 2013 and also notes from other participants in another workshop.  I went over every detail of what to expect and what to look for.  I google "Lazure" a million times to see what people were up to with it.  I was just googling Lazure images just now and remembered this blog.

The kitchen wall I'm going to paint has been primed and painted white.  I used Zinsser Primer on practice panels and  Benjamin Moore Natura Eggshell on the walls.

For the Medium Water for the glaze base, I'm using Glidden Accent Base/Base 3.  (My workshop teacher used Aura Clear/Neutral.)

I have more details if you're interested.  Just leave a comment or check my Twitter.com address @Lauradeanneh.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: