Monday, July 21, 2008

what's happening at the u of t

what's happening at work shouldn't happen to a dog. (!!) At a large university in a blue city in a red state, on the third coast........ this is where it's happening...
...in an atmosphere of fear and intimidation.... where I work on the 4th floor of the Sanchez building....

I would rather not be "negative," but I will not ignore the truth or deny it or sugar coat it. What about social justice? Have we all become so numb and complacent and apathetic that we ignore that which we don't want to see? I, more than anyone I know, would much prefer harmony and tolerance. In fact, that's what I work daily for, on a personal basis. With myself. But not all people share my love of harmony. Some prefer greed or power or whatever.....

I usually keep a low profile and stay out of the way (and do a great job under sometimes difficult circumstances), but enough is enough. This is where it's going to come out, since I want to keep my job until I have another one.

No comments: