Tuesday, March 27, 2007

jury duty

I had jury duty today. It wasn't as bad as I expected - last time I was part of a jury pool of 200 or so. This time it was in a small building on 6th St. with about 20 of us. It just took time. And the case involved a minor caught with alcohol. Didn't get how young, but I think they were driving age. I was so glad that I wasn't picked. Civic duty or not. I could be out there in the world spreading joy and love and doing better for humanity than deliberating on the guilt or innocence and level of fine for the defendant. There are people that are good with that. But I'm not. I'd rather be out and about. Don't coop me up too long in a windowless room under fluorescent lights with a bunch of suits staring at me and everybody else wanting to get out of there. To be fair, the room had a wonderful skylight that changed the lighting in the room whenever the sun came out. That was delightful.

No pictures this time - they would just show me running around trying the find a parking space and then trying to find the building. But that last one - running out of the court when we were dismissed - that was a keeper. ; )

No comments: