Thursday, March 29, 2007

chat


I'm not one to chat much....but I was feeling like there was something I needed to do (writing this post today) ..... still getting used to this blogging....not sure what it is for, except something vaguely about growing myself, which means to me.... What does it mean to me? It means "what am I interested in?" What is getting my attention and pulling me along with it?" Where are there places that I want to go? Things I want to do? Etc. How can I provide for myself the nourishment that I desire in order to live a happy, fulfilling life?

I'm open to comments, questions, etc. I think that's what has kept me from blogging earlier - what readers might say. But the benefits outweigh the risks. I would rather be heard from, even if someone disagrees with something I say or doesn't like it. It's like riding on a rollercoaster. Or what I did today: I addressed a class for an absent instructor, relaying a long message. That was thrilling really. A minor thrill, but still a thrill. I have always been moderately shy in groups - at least til I got to know people on a one-to-one basis. But I did it and didn't get nervous and try to run out of there. Woo-hoo! They even asked me questions before I left. It really was different from what I always expected I'd do or even from what I have done in the past (I substitute taught elementary, junior high, and high school briefly). That right there is a place that I have grown much since I taught which was probably 10-15 years ago. What things can you remember that were once hard for you, or which you used to avoid, but now you can do it no prob?

No comments: